Intellecap and Villgro organised the Sankalp Unconvention Summit 2013, Asia’s largest conference for social entrepreneurs, in Mumbai, to create a substantially larger meeting of entrepreneurs, investors, donors, policymakers and other stakeholders.
Built around the theme of ‘Looking Beyond Impact: Seeking Transformational Change’, the summit had around 1000 people in attendance, over 80 speakers, workshops and mentoring clinics, and included key sessions on:
* Innovation, Impact and Transformation: Are we changing Lives?
* Mainstream to Impact: What Holds Angels Back?
* Incubating the Incubators: Developing an Effective Framework for Change
* South-South Collaboration in Impact Investing: Relevance of India’s Experience
* Spotlight on Asia Impact Investing: From Promise towards Realization
The Sankalp Unconvention Entrepreneur Scholarships were introduced with the intention of providing very early-stage, budding social entrepreneurs with financial support to attend the Summit in Mumbai. Given that the Summit is a melting pot of the most significant stakeholders in the social enterprise space, the Scholarships were envisioned as a means to bring in real, budding social entrepreneurs – who may otherwise not have had the finances – to the Summit for the opportunity to meet relevant stakeholders and gain a better exposure about various issues.
The Scholarship covered an all-access two-day delegate pass to the Sankalp Unconvention Summit 2013 and accommodation and travel expenses. Of the 170 entrepreneurs who applied, 58 were selected for the scholarships.
Sankalp Unconvention Summit 2014 will be held on April 9, 2014 in Mumbai.